Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome

This is a new adventure for me. After finding there is an incredible community of people sharing old vinyl and out of print Christmas music, I've decided to join them.


I've been collecting Christmas music for quite a few years and with the help of my friends (big thanks to Danko) and family have a collection of over 12,000 songs. It ranges from traditional hits to very obscure songs. I collect everyone from ABBA to Zamfir.


My first project (with your help) is to create a database of all the different versions of my favorite Holiday hit - "Baby, It's Cold Outside"


I'll be posting a list of my versions in the next day or so, and hope others will be able to add to the list.


In the mean time here's a copy to get you in the mood. It's by Mae West and Rock Hudson during the 1958 Oscar ceremony.

No comments: